Prayer is a time to communicate with God. We use this time to converse many things, such as what we are grateful for or in times of need. To pray, an individual needs to find the right time. People can turn to prayer in dark or tough times, but prayer can be done when you are going through happy phases too. We related the list of things we are grateful for to help us with our daily prayers. There are also different types of prayers. There are silent or personal prayers where individuals recognize God's presence in silence. Lectio Divina is when individuals listen and discuss the Scripture. Written prayers are physically made by individuals, which is a letter to God. Written prayers can be done daily, which is known as journaling. There are two types of prayer meditation: guided meditation (leader guides) and personal meditation (silent or with music). Recited prayers consist of praying the rosary or reciting prayers such as the "Our Father." People can express their prayers through songs, like in Church, or dance. Communal prayers are reading prayers with other people or personal intentions. Thinking back and examining how an individual has encountered God throughout your day is a form of daily examining, which is a type of prayer. Lastly, adoration is praying before Blessed Sacraments. There are various ways to pray, but all you need is a sincere heart when communicating with God.
I practice praying every chance I get, but I am guilty of mostly seeking out to God when I am in a time of need. I should pray more often to thank God for his many blessings he puts out in my life more often than when I am in my times of need. Therefore, new prayers I can practice in my life are written prayers and the daily examine. During the day I can pray through the daily examine by looking back on how God and I encountered each other. I can get a small notebook for journaling my prayers to God. I believe this will strengthen my relationship with God every day. I can add on these types of prayers I do mostly, which is silent, personal prayers and recited prayers.
The movie The Case for Christ expressed that people should be free to believe and practice their preferred religion. Everyone should have the right to have religious tolerance. If the religion comforts them and makes them a better person, then the people who surround them and love them should give full support. The director was trying to tell the viewers that nothing should stop an individual from believing in what you want. The movie expressed how believing in things we cannot see proves our faith. Gradually this message influenced the atheist, Lee, to start believing in Catholicism. He came to a conclusion that there was no exact evidence in Catholicism, but he started to believe in God's presence and works.
In this unit, I learned the different types of prayers and began to recognize the things in life that I should be grateful for. I want to start praying different types of ways to God. I believe it will strengthen my relationship and faith with God. Now, I begin to realize the small things that make me happy. Recognizing what I am grateful for made me appreciate even the little things I am blessed to have. I believe the new types of prayers and recognizing out what I am grateful for makes me a happier person.
I practice praying every chance I get, but I am guilty of mostly seeking out to God when I am in a time of need. I should pray more often to thank God for his many blessings he puts out in my life more often than when I am in my times of need. Therefore, new prayers I can practice in my life are written prayers and the daily examine. During the day I can pray through the daily examine by looking back on how God and I encountered each other. I can get a small notebook for journaling my prayers to God. I believe this will strengthen my relationship with God every day. I can add on these types of prayers I do mostly, which is silent, personal prayers and recited prayers.
The movie The Case for Christ expressed that people should be free to believe and practice their preferred religion. Everyone should have the right to have religious tolerance. If the religion comforts them and makes them a better person, then the people who surround them and love them should give full support. The director was trying to tell the viewers that nothing should stop an individual from believing in what you want. The movie expressed how believing in things we cannot see proves our faith. Gradually this message influenced the atheist, Lee, to start believing in Catholicism. He came to a conclusion that there was no exact evidence in Catholicism, but he started to believe in God's presence and works.
Labeled for non-commercial reuse
This quote by Lee Strobel expresses how his life changed
from his "relationship with Christ" (Double Quotes). His life altered
from his "relationship with Christ" (Double Quotes). His life altered
everything because of Christ's influence.
In this unit, I learned the different types of prayers and began to recognize the things in life that I should be grateful for. I want to start praying different types of ways to God. I believe it will strengthen my relationship and faith with God. Now, I begin to realize the small things that make me happy. Recognizing what I am grateful for made me appreciate even the little things I am blessed to have. I believe the new types of prayers and recognizing out what I am grateful for makes me a happier person.
Works Cited
"Double Quotes." Double Quotes, http://www.doublequotes.net/quotes/lee-strobel-quotes
-my-worldview-my-philosophy-my-attitudes-my-relationships-my-parenting-my-marriage.
Comments
Post a Comment