My letter writer was John who advocated for people to put their faith in God, remove hatred in their heart, and to accept and respect everyone. I can see myself sharing these similar lessons with my friends and family. These lessons and topics could benefit my relationships with these people and influence their lives so they can live according to how God wants us to. I also think I can share this message with people around the world, especially the youth who are still learning. If these messages are not shared among the youth, they will grow and learn to have hatred in their hearts, which could lead to depression and social anxiety. Since social media is used by most people on a daily basis, I believe social media is the perfect way to express these lessons to the youth. Eventually, popularity would help continue this advocacy page and others may be inspired to create another account to advocate for a different issue or topic.
Marian Apparitions were the appearances of Mother Mary. Places Mother Mary has appeared are Lourdes (France), Akita (Japan), Knock (Ireland), Guadalupe (Mexico), and Fatima (Portugal). Our Lady of Fatima appeared to three children and told them to pray for peace, promised to come every 13th of the month, and revealed three secrets about the future. Our Lady of Guadalupe wanted a shrine to be built for her on a hill to listen to the sufferings of the people (“EWTN’s Saints and other Holy People Name”). Our Lady of Lourdes wanted a chapel to be built for the conversions of sinners. Our Lady of Akita asked for Sister Agnes to pray for people who are non-followers and sinners. Our Lady of Knock did not say anything but looked like she was silently praying above her. During her appearance, people of Ireland were going through a famine, but her appearance showed hope and healings and miracles occurred afterward.
For my Marian Apparition Project, I researched about Our Lady of Guadalupe. Our Lady of Guadalupe presented her message to a man, named Juan Diego, who was perceived to be in a low class (“EWTN’s Saints and other Holy People Name”). Our Lady of Guadalupe asked him to tell the bishop that she wants a shrine to be built for her, yet the bishop did not believe Juan Diego because of his social standing (“EWTN’s Saints and other Holy People Name”). At first, Juan Diego wanted Our Lady of Guadalupe to tell another person, who is highly recognized in society, to explain the message to the bishop so the prelate would believe the apparition (“EWTN’s Saints and other Holy People Name”). Also, even when Juan Diego's uncle was sick during this time, Juan Diego still helped Our Lady Of Guadalupe after she reassured him that his uncle will not die from the illness (“EWTN’s Saints and other Holy People Name”). With the help and encouragement of Our Lady Of Guadalupe, Juan Diego persevered and continuously went to the bishop to prove of the apparition and to initiate the building of the shrine (“EWTN’s Saints and other Holy People Name”).
I see myself as resilient because after all the difficulties that I have faced at a young age, I believe I qualify. Although I acknowledge that the experiences I faced do not compare to others who are facing terrible difficulties, I know that most kids my age have not gone through what I have experienced. At a young age, I have learned to be more independent than most kids; therefore, I have learned to push myself back up without aid from anyone else. Although my family has been supportive throughout my whole life, these experiences have established me to become independent. My mother has gone through many experiences in her life that had made her resilient. She had influenced me to become tougher and mentally stronger.
“EWTN’s Saints and other Holy People Name.” EWTN: Global Catholic Network, www.ewtn.com/saintsHoly/saints/O/ourladyofguadalupe.asp.
The old Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe (Baslica de Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe) which was built on top of Tepeyac hill. Photography. Britannica ImageQuest, Encyclopædia Britannica, 25 May 2016. quest.eb.com/search/300_3372195/1/300_3372195/cite. Accessed 8 Mar 2018.
Marian Apparitions were the appearances of Mother Mary. Places Mother Mary has appeared are Lourdes (France), Akita (Japan), Knock (Ireland), Guadalupe (Mexico), and Fatima (Portugal). Our Lady of Fatima appeared to three children and told them to pray for peace, promised to come every 13th of the month, and revealed three secrets about the future. Our Lady of Guadalupe wanted a shrine to be built for her on a hill to listen to the sufferings of the people (“EWTN’s Saints and other Holy People Name”). Our Lady of Lourdes wanted a chapel to be built for the conversions of sinners. Our Lady of Akita asked for Sister Agnes to pray for people who are non-followers and sinners. Our Lady of Knock did not say anything but looked like she was silently praying above her. During her appearance, people of Ireland were going through a famine, but her appearance showed hope and healings and miracles occurred afterward.
For my Marian Apparition Project, I researched about Our Lady of Guadalupe. Our Lady of Guadalupe presented her message to a man, named Juan Diego, who was perceived to be in a low class (“EWTN’s Saints and other Holy People Name”). Our Lady of Guadalupe asked him to tell the bishop that she wants a shrine to be built for her, yet the bishop did not believe Juan Diego because of his social standing (“EWTN’s Saints and other Holy People Name”). At first, Juan Diego wanted Our Lady of Guadalupe to tell another person, who is highly recognized in society, to explain the message to the bishop so the prelate would believe the apparition (“EWTN’s Saints and other Holy People Name”). Also, even when Juan Diego's uncle was sick during this time, Juan Diego still helped Our Lady Of Guadalupe after she reassured him that his uncle will not die from the illness (“EWTN’s Saints and other Holy People Name”). With the help and encouragement of Our Lady Of Guadalupe, Juan Diego persevered and continuously went to the bishop to prove of the apparition and to initiate the building of the shrine (“EWTN’s Saints and other Holy People Name”).
![]() |
| This is the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe. This is located where she wished it to be, Tepeyac Hill. (The old Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe) |
I see myself as resilient because after all the difficulties that I have faced at a young age, I believe I qualify. Although I acknowledge that the experiences I faced do not compare to others who are facing terrible difficulties, I know that most kids my age have not gone through what I have experienced. At a young age, I have learned to be more independent than most kids; therefore, I have learned to push myself back up without aid from anyone else. Although my family has been supportive throughout my whole life, these experiences have established me to become independent. My mother has gone through many experiences in her life that had made her resilient. She had influenced me to become tougher and mentally stronger.
Works Cited

Comments
Post a Comment