In the novel What Makes Us Catholic, by Thomas Groome, I noticed that I agreed and disagreed with some of Groome's writing. For instance, Grooms states that, just like with any other religion, interpreting Catholicism must be approached with caution. I agree with the author because everyone who believes in different religions believes that there are some flaws. Over time, these "flaws" are fixed or are never improved. Some teachings may be interpreted in different ways, so it is only just that as individuals, we should carefully interpret the message of God. I disagreed when Groome stated that religious indifferences segregated humankind and caused unnecessary conflicts. I disagree with Groome's thought because I do not believe religion would divide people and create animosity. I think it is the people who create biased interpretations and unnecessary animosity.
Pope Francis, whose real name is Jorge Bergoglio, was from Argentina and was named after St. Francis of Assisi. Growing up, Pope Francis lived in an era of terror and poverty. Pope Francis also focused on his family, who were immigrants and had a major influence on him. He was called on by God to devote his life to Him, so Pope Francis did not pursue being a chemist. Pope Francis interacts with the people, especially those in poverty, and scolds the government. No matter what the Pope says about his views and opinions, there are always going to be people who will be upset. Some of the main things Pope Francis wants the youth to know is to not walk alone in life and to keep courageousness and hope along the way. He wishes for the youth to be accompanied by individuals who will teach goodness to us because life is not an easy path. Pope Francis states that life has many routes, so it is easy to lose track. Pope Francis sympathizes with the people and instead of highlighting the faults of individuals, he focuses on what will truly be effective for them.
Pope Francis is a worldwide, international figure who is adored by many. Using his popularity, Pope Francis advocates for different topics and is not afraid to let the world know his stance. Pope Francis is also not afraid of scolding the government for their actions. As Pope Francis becomes more accepting of different controversial topics, society follows. Without changing certain rules in the Church, Pope Francis is already changing views of the church, such as the topic of divorce. The pope is more accepting of the church history's controversial topics. Pope Francis does not always focus on topics integrated with the Church, but also topics about global warming and the environment.
I have similar hopes as Pope Francis for the Catholic Church. I would like the Catholic Church to be more accepting of certain topics, such as divorce. I believe those who are divorced have the right to exercise their faith without being looked down upon. Also, instead of the Catholic Church telling the people their faults, they should focus on what they should do to better themselves. Pope Francis is an example of an influential leader in the Catholic Church who tells those in need useful advice, rather than telling them that what they did was wrong. Overall, I think the Catholic Church should notice that people have the potential of doing good; so, instead of shunning those with faults, they should give second chances.
Pope Francis, whose real name is Jorge Bergoglio, was from Argentina and was named after St. Francis of Assisi. Growing up, Pope Francis lived in an era of terror and poverty. Pope Francis also focused on his family, who were immigrants and had a major influence on him. He was called on by God to devote his life to Him, so Pope Francis did not pursue being a chemist. Pope Francis interacts with the people, especially those in poverty, and scolds the government. No matter what the Pope says about his views and opinions, there are always going to be people who will be upset. Some of the main things Pope Francis wants the youth to know is to not walk alone in life and to keep courageousness and hope along the way. He wishes for the youth to be accompanied by individuals who will teach goodness to us because life is not an easy path. Pope Francis states that life has many routes, so it is easy to lose track. Pope Francis sympathizes with the people and instead of highlighting the faults of individuals, he focuses on what will truly be effective for them.
![]() |
| The importance of this quote from Pope Francis is that he admits that he is also not perfect. Even though he is the pope, he is still an individual who has the capability of sinning ("Pope Francis"). |
I have similar hopes as Pope Francis for the Catholic Church. I would like the Catholic Church to be more accepting of certain topics, such as divorce. I believe those who are divorced have the right to exercise their faith without being looked down upon. Also, instead of the Catholic Church telling the people their faults, they should focus on what they should do to better themselves. Pope Francis is an example of an influential leader in the Catholic Church who tells those in need useful advice, rather than telling them that what they did was wrong. Overall, I think the Catholic Church should notice that people have the potential of doing good; so, instead of shunning those with faults, they should give second chances.
Works Cited
"Pope Francis." AZQuotes.com. Wind and Fly LTD, 2018. 09 May 2018. http://www.azquotes.com/quote/101180

Comments
Post a Comment